24 November 2016

Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukokusaikenki. Arc 3 Chapter 5B

Translator Corner
Minasan oideyasu. This is Yukkuri demasu!

For this chapter, a certain someone help me by translating the majority of the text. So give your thanks to him.
Now, let’ tackle Genjitsu 5-C.

DISCLAIMER: There is no guarantee that my translation is 100% correct. Please correct me if I was wrong.

Author:
Dozeumaru(どぜう丸)
Translator:
Yoshiro (main), Yukkuri Oniisan (side)
Editor:
So-Chintzy

Postwar Arc
Chapter 5: As a Ruler B - Bethrotal


Author Note: Souma is likely the type that won’t cross the line unless he gets kicked flying.(In regards to female relationships)
_______________________________________________________________________

But…. to make Aisha the 2nd Queen Consort, you say.

Would that be a reward to you, Wodan?(Souma)
As a father, I honestly feel complicated…… But since she also seems to desire that as well, the desire to grant her wish is also parental love. Also, at this period in time where the people of the God-Protected Forest finally started to face the world outside, I believe it will hold a huge significance for the chief’s daughter to marry into royalty. Not just the bond between the God-Protected Forest and royalty, it would also become the symbol of the bond between Humans and Dark Elves.(Wodan)


Not just for the sake of his daughter, but also for political considerations, I see. For our side as well, if we could strengthen the ties with the God-Protected Forest, I would be able to include the elite archers from the Dark Elves that had shown their prowess in the battle at the outskirts of Randell……and, well even if we left this benefit aside……
Aisha is cute. If you asked me whether or not I wanted to marry her, the answer will be “I would like to”. Though I do feel that her loyalty to me is too much, but this means that her good will is also conveyed straight to me (although I feel as though I am feeding her). Her ability as a queen is doubtful, but she has enough valor to compensate for that. She is a girl that can give my heart a relief if she could stay by my side as my wife.
But, you know…… When I turned back at the throne, I could see Liscia who was standing next to me. Even for my relationship with Liscia, until now, I have been dodging the issue of her being my fiancée (temporary). During the war with Amidonia last time, I revised my thinking after I realized that I was conducting myself like a king when I was conversing with Carla. When I realized that I had already reached the point of no return, I decided to stop brushing off the matter of my relationship with Liscia.
Nonetheless, I am still a little conflicted in regards to having multiple wives. Though Marcus, Liscia and Juna-san, had repeatedly said that this is normal, for someone who is strongly influenced by the ethics of modern Japan, I can’t easily accept it…… Ah, it’s not like I am thinking about something arrogant like loving multiple women is insincere or something like that. Giving an immediate reply at this place would only make me feel bad towards Liscia. It’s like a man who is going to two-timing after all.
As I was thinking about that, Liscia looked at me. Then, seeing that I was trying not to show how flustered I was, Liscia said as if slightly astonished.


Please make sure you properly take Aisha as your wife, got it?(Liscia)
You say properly……Are you fine with it, Liscia? (Souma)
I don’t have any right to forbid it, but didn’t I already say that if it’s Aisha and the rest, then I am fine with it? Or rather, it will become more troublesome if you don’t marry them after all.(Liscia)
Troublesome?(Souma)
Souma, you are a king, you know. At any rate, from now on, there will be a situation where you have to marry the daughters of nobles or the princesses of other countries. For the sake of that situation, I wish to fill the higher ranking consorts with people who we can trust.

Liscia, who emphasized the practical side of this arrangement, gave out a sigh, and looked at me who was still hesitating.

Even though Souma can make firm decisions that control the fate of the country, but when it comes to female relationships, you are so indecisive, aren’t you?(Liscia)
Ugu……(Souma)
Good grief…. Aisha!(Liscia)
Y, Yes!(Aisha)

Being called out suddenly, diagonally at my back in her guard position, Aisha, who was keep on edge and watching the event to see how it progressed, jumped with a startle. Liscia pointed her finger at her with a snap.

I do not plan on handing over the position of the First Queen Consort. Is being the Second Queen Consort fine for you? If you are fine with it, I won’t say anything or rather, I will welcome you.(Liscia)
Y…Yes! If I can be at the side of his Majesty!(Aisha)

Liscia nodded at Aisha’s reply and then spoke to me while looking straight into my eyes.

I have set the table. That’s why…. Do it…. properly.(Liscia)
……Got it.(Souma)

I wonder why. At this time, I feel like I have already seen the power balance of the future. Liscia has already shown this much “Woman’s Spirit”…. So, as expected, I can’t show any more of my unsightliness. I walked towards Aisha and stopped near her. That strong Aisha was now showing a uneasy expression. Ah… seriously, don’t make such a face.

Aisha.(Souma)
Y, Yes!(Aisha)
So…… would you become my bride?(Souma)
U! Yes! With pleasure!(Aisha)

I swallowed the retort of Is this a bar?[1]. While I was feeling like my face was burning, I turned to face Wodan and spoke to him, who was standing there smiling while leaking out his complicated feelings as a father. I spoke not in a tone of a King, but as someone who was addressing a person above him.

….So the situation has reached this point. I shall come forth to give my official greeting. Father-in-law.(Souma)
….I shall be waiting. Son-in-law.(Wodan)

Thus, Aisha became my second fiancee.
But, now that it has turned out this way, what should I do with the Dame of the East Wind title. As expected, I don’t think I can make the Queen act like an exclusive SP[2]. When I mentioned this to Aisha,

Leave it to me, your Majesty! Even when I have became your Majesty’s wife, I shall protect your Majesty’s life!(Aisha)

Was what she said with a full-faced smile, so we decided to leave it as it is…… Well, I guess I can just appoint some subordinates under her later. Now that the Second Queen Consort candidacy had been decided, Marcus made a relieved expression as one of his worries had finally decreased (he had been worrying about the danger of the currently low number of members of Royalty due to the previous succession struggle, he has been saying Increase the number of the wives, make children at every opportunity), and although it ended up in the form of having new worries dropping in, I could only show my condolences.
Towards this situation we were in, Juna-san showed a slightly lonesome smile.

 ◇ ◇ ◇

Although I was met with various difficulties, Wodan’s reward session ended, and finally it was Juna-san’s turn.
As I was speaking words of gratitude, I asked her, Do you have anything you wish for?…. Well, even if I didn’t ask her, I already knew her answer. Most likely, she would make a petition that she wished to hand over all of her merits to Excel. This time, she moved not as a Lorelei, but as a member of the Navy.

Your Majesty, my merit……(Juna)
May I speak a few words?(Excel)

Excel began to speak and interrupted Juna’s words.


Please forgive me for my sudden impoliteness. However, please grant me the permission to speak.(Excel)
…… Granted.(Souma)
Thank you very much.(Excel)

Excel bowed and slowly began to speak.

As Your Majesty should know, Juna Doma is my granddaughter. But Juna’s father, who is my son, had married into the merchant family of Doma, which conducts business in our Lagoon City. In other words, Juna Doma was born as a commoner. Though through her military service, she is working under me, she doesn’t have any connections to a “noble family’s” circumstances.(Excel)
… What do you wish to say?(Souma)

Although I asked that, Excel instead faced Juna-san and said to her,


Although you might have planned to use your merits for my sake, that is not necessary.(Excel)
Esteemed Grandmother[3]!? However, (Juna)

Juna tried to argue vehemently, so Excel silently shook her head

It is fine. You are a person who does not have connections with the Vargas family. It is not good to use your merits for someone you have not met before. Please use it for your own sake.(Excel)
Esteemed Grandmother!?(Juna)
I cannot sacrifice the happiness of my granddaughter for the sake of my son-in-law and my other granddaughter. It is fine, so you do not need to worry about us. You should go ahead and have your wish granted.

Having Excel looking at her with such gentle eyes, Juna cast her eyes downward, she seemed to be conflicted for a moment. But, soon after, she opened her eyes, took a step forward and kneeled.[4]

Your Majesty. I have a request.(Juna)
……What is it?(Souma)
If possible, I also……wish to stay and sing by Your Majesty’s side from now on.(Juna)

This means…. no need to guess, to take Juna-san…. as my wife as well.

Your Majesty, in Juna Doma-dono’s case, we can accept her as a Royal Consort. If you wish to receive her as a Queen Consort, then it is necessary for her to be adopted at some point by a Noble House of Knight rank or higher.(Marcus)

Markus said that with a happy expression. Perhaps because the fact that the number of my wives were increasing was just as he desired. When I looked at Liscia, she gave a nod as if saying, Agree. But….

I am sorry. I cannot do so……(Souma)

I rejected it clearly. Liscia opened her eyes wide at my words, while Excel looked at me with imploring eyes as if askingWhy in the world……. Juna-san was looking downward, so I couldn’t see her expression. A gloomy atmosphere started to envelop the room, but…… No no no, please listen to the end.

……For the time being…… It’s not possible. Juna-san is the Prima Lorelei of Project Lorelei, the Musical Program Broadcast plan that uses the Royal Broadcast Orb, you know. If we try to announce the engagement of the famous Juna-san then, a revolt will happen in the capital.

And that will not be on a joking level either. It was still fresh in my memory that there was a request from the National Assembly to Put Juna-san more often on the Royal Broadcast. An idol, who was revealed to have a lover, had her blog blazed, this was something that happened quite often in the previous world, but since there isn’t any blog that is going to burn in this world, it’s going to be either theCityor the Castle, I guess. Burning the country with flames of jealousy is not something I can laugh at. So,

Would you be willing to wait for a while longer?(Souma)
!(Juna)

Towards Juna-san who raised her head, I spoke these words while having an awkward feeling,

Right now, I still need the ability of Juna-san as a Lorelei. That’s why I wish for you to stay as the Citizen’s Juna-san for now. After we gather even more Loreleis and raise them into talents that can succeed the path, then I shall certainly go and receive you.(Souma)
……I shall be waiting for that day. Your Majesty(Juna)

Juna-san said this and revealed the smile of a young maiden.
________________________________________________________________________

Author’s note:
Thank you very much for reading it always.
With that, Aisha and Juna have become his fiancées.
To describe their relationship in a certain someone’s ecstatic way of talking,[5]
So-Li   Best Friends, Comrades and Lovers
So-Ai   Master and his faithful dog[6]
So-Juna A brother trying to tiptoe[7] and an elder sister gently chiding him

This is the kind of relationship I am trying to make people feel.
Ah, Tomoe-chan is a sister to the end.

☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽


So…
1st Queen Consort: Liscia
2nd Queen Consort: Aisha
3rd Queen Consort: (presumptive) Juna
But, No Loli Route for Souma?
Luckily Souma still haven’t try Roroa’s route yet, right?




[1] Aisha’s answer is basically like: Aisha, do you want an oden? Yes, with Pleasure. So Souma is asking, is she treating him like a stall’s food menu.
[2] The Security Police (セキュリティポリス Sekyuritii Porisu), also known as the Security Police Division (警備部警護課 Keibibu Keigoka), is the Japanese close protection unit mandated with the responsibility of protecting domestic and foreign VIPs on Japanese soil and abroad. Its officers are known to wear the SP insignia on their suit lapel, red neckties, and pocket handkerchiefs on their suits. Its structure has been greatly influenced by the United States Secret Service.
[3] It’s interesting that Juna refer Excel as: 大母様Ookaasama not “obaasan” or “sobo”. With roughly means, Great Mother. Perhaps since Excel had many other children?
[4] You know, this kind of kneel: *insert kneeling picture I take without permission from the Internet*
[5] I don’t know which person the author refer to. Possibly the typical Female Japanese Game-Show Host’s way of talking.
[6] TL Yoshiro: Isn’t that cruel? Yukkuri: Not really…..
[7] The figurative meaning of tiptoe or 背伸びしたいis “Someone who tries to do something beyond their ability” in this case a younger brother trying to woo an elder sister. (E/N: Also, Souma wasn’t kidding about how obsessive & crazed idol culture is. It’s gotten to the point where even the idols got sick of it. https://goo.gl/Y7TxOg Hopefully Juna-san will be able to get hitched soon. -fistpump-)

58 comments:

  1. his kingdom has been reduced to degenerate idol followers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just turn them all into suicide squad. lol

      Delete
    2. Well, you will see real suicide candidate soon...

      Delete
    3. Just report that Juna has been kidnapped by

      A) another country
      B) the demon country

      All hell would break loose.

      Delete
  2. It' 2 a.m. I need to go to work tomorrow... oops this morning...
    and do you even sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sighs....not everyone is japanese and cant stand that theyre popstars have boyfriends and gasp! sex!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think not every Japanese are like that, most likely the majority of them are otakus. The average person would probably be okay with it.

      The only reason we think they're like that is because the otakus are more outspoken about they're dislike for it, while most people doesn't really care and does not really speak about it.

      Delete
    2. their dislike for it.
      Corrected myself.

      Delete
    3. You're seriously underestimating the ability of people to worship an idol. It even happens in the United States and I've seen it hundred of times in Pro Wrestling which is very niche.

      Plus she's the only real idol at the moment meaning she has a monopoly on the fandom. Let the fans be spread around and make it so that when she leaves the fans have other people to latch on.

      Delete
    4. never underestimate people's capacity for selfishness and stupidity. idol-worship combines both in the best and worst ways.

      Delete
    5. As I said otakus. There are different kinds of them, including idol otakus. There are more than a hundred million Japanese, and from what I know, even AKB's per album sale doesn't even reach 5 million. Some of those buyers even buy multiple copies.

      And I'm not underestimating the ability of people to worship idols. What I'm saying is that don't think that ALL Japanese are like that. That is what is being implied by the OP with his "not everyone is Japanese".

      Delete
    6. To prove my point, there are members who had scandals, one of them was rumored to have had a boyfriend. Even so, people still voted for her and she became the center.

      Delete
    7. idols are different from popstars...

      popstars are trained to be entertainers with the feeling of, "I can be your lover from far away~" which leads avid fans to think, "you are ours and we are yours" to the idol they love, but adds, no single person can take you...

      popstars are just celebrities that showcase their talent to share their feelings or emotions or such but now have a deep "personal" connection to fans

      hard to explain.... meh

      Delete
  4. I am confused..still new here. Is this novel a combined translation by yukkuri and larvyde?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. If it looks like a chapter is missing it was probably just done by larvyde.

      Delete
    2. Yes, they release it alternatively

      Delete
  5. AGHHHhh!!! the chapter is too short T_T

    Thks anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the quick release
    And idol culture will spread out to empire soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, did not expect the harem marriage seeing how he kept avoiding it. Lucky bastard though, a beautiful Queen, faithful dark elf, and an idol. Now thats a harem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. None of the wives have a fluffy tail? What sort of blasphemy is this?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow man!! So lucky. Juna's part was so realistic. Soma's approach there was appropriate.
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. he going to be exhausted.... on their first night

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the chapter Yoshiro , Yukkuri Oniisan!
    Souma finally resolves himself! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. 2 other Queen Consorts have been hinted at: Princess of the enemy country and one of the Empire sisters.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  13. And then, Souma invented a lightstick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Souma is kinda stupid in here' Did he forget his status as King.? The kingdom citizen love him as their ruler. It won't make any difference if he married with Juna-san. The citizen will accept that for sure.
    And aren't the bishoujou contest in the first place are rumored for wife/concubines selection test by nobles and commoners.? Souma really have no experience when it comes to women

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how scary the crazed idols Fan's eh
      The thing talking about happened before Juna get famous as idol right now the context different she became everyone idol even sounds loved by his citizens flame of jealousy while still burn

      Delete
    2. You don't know how scary the crazed idols Fan's eh
      The thing talking about happened before Juna get famous as idol right now the context different she became everyone idol even sounds loved by his citizens flame of jealousy while still burn

      Delete
    3. And aren't you mistaking the middle age world with a modern world.? The Parnam/Eidelfield Kingdom citizen know that Juna is one of Souma concubine candidate. And no matter what souma say, he's the King, and king order are absolute. He just mixing a modern world problem with a midle age world where monarch order are absolute.

      And the longer he postponed his engangement with Juna, she will become more popular with the citizen. You think when there's a dozen more idol popping then her popularity become lower.? Nope, her popularity will continue to rise as long as she keep singing for the citizen. And when Souma declaring his engangement that time, you really think her fans will accept that(By your logic/Souma's logic)..? How stupid that thinking.

      Delete
    4. you forget the king its a mortal and In the French revolution that rolled heads monarchical for the common people

      Delete
  15. Wouldn't that be:
    1st Queen Consort: Liscia
    2nd Queen Consort: Aisha
    1st Royal Consort: (presumptive) Juna?

    And thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juna would be adopted by a noble, I think... After all, Liscia want to fill Queen Consort with people allied to her...

      Delete
  16. Enter the harem... praise the majesty souma..

    Anyway, thanks for this chapter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Uwaaaaaaah, since we're taking it step by step...
    The punishment section is coming up huh...?
    :(
    Ugh since georg really did... (or at least I think it's confirmed that he kicked the bucket...)
    *gulp* Anxiously waits for the next chapter with bated breath

    Thankee very much for the chapter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 「Good grief…. Aisha!」(Souma)

    I think that should be Liscia....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shouldn't

    「Ugu……」(Souma)
    「Good grief…. Aisha!」(Souma)
    「Y, Yes!」(Aisha)

    be

    「Ugu……」(Souma)
    「Good grief…. Aisha!」(Liscia)
    「Y, Yes!」(Aisha)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Большое спасибо!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the chapter!

    And then...
    Juna starts writing love songs...
    Idol love songs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much Yoshiro and Yukkuri-san!
    Hope your combos work together even after this chapter. Please keep the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry it's a one-time I did to thank Yukkuri-san's and larvyde for their transations. I am just glad it came out fine and it didn't feel like I forced it onto Yukkuri-san...... did it?

      I have my own translations I am doing so it's quite difficult for me especially I am still new to this translations thingy.

      Delete
  23. I feel it was unnecessary for Souma to impose his Japanese Idol beliefs on Juna, given in this world, a King having the top songstress as a wife would be perfectly normal. Poor Juna, she's going to have to wait awhile longer. Fortunately, we at least know from the footnotes in the early chapters that she gets her wish.

    As to a 4th wife, I'd guess Carla. Sure she hasn't quite cleared her name despite fending off the attacks on Souma, but it's apparently the only other immediate way of dealing with her without killing her as per Kingdom law.

    Either her or Roroa, which would force an alliance with Amidonia, which Julius wouldn't want, as it further weakens his hold on the nation as people decide it would be better to flock to Roroa's banner and the economic prosperity she desires.

    ReplyDelete
  24. when am i able to enjoy next ONW's chapter :/ :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Crap, harem here we go. And so another good story bites the dust and give space for the stupid harem stories. This story had such a good start, such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i known what it fells bro, i also wanted it to avoid the harem route

      Delete
  26. > Now, let’ tackle Genjitsu 5-C.

    Hey, you still have to do 5AB first!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for the chapters as ever. I think that the harem is going to end like this:
    1st Queen Consort Liscia
    2nd QC Ashia
    3rd QC Juna

    4th QC Roroa
    1st Royal consort Carla

    In case of Roroa is going to be a political marriage... she's a little raccoon... about Carla, she is safe of execution, but stuck slave of soma or Liscia... in the end just a harem addition.
    And about the Holy Maiden, well she has to wait until soma get his own empire... so both of them is going to play the romeo-juliet, I mean the holy fall for soma but because are "enemies" or "the society don't permit our love" is a unrequited love until soma get his empire and then the Holy Maiden... ending with something like this:

    1st Empress consort Liscia
    2nd EC Ashia
    3rd EC Juna
    4th EC Roroa
    5th EC Se... Holy Maiden

    1st Royal Consort Carla
    2nd ??
    3rd ??

    If I'm not wrong Liscia said 8 in the harem, but never about the 8 being QC...

    PS. And I can see a lovely couple Hakuya-Jeanne shouting "Please, stop sleeping in the office, is their honeymoon, please!"

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yoshiro (main), Yukkuri Oniisan (side), on \ref{1}, didnt Ashia said 喜んで (Yorokonde)?
    as i remember thats what a waitress on a bar would say, so the \ref{1} would be slightly wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  29. this world has no concept of Japanese idol culture so for the mc to force it and act like every one would riot if juna became his fiancee is dumb

    whatever happens now is what would be considered "normal" for the idols down the road

    ReplyDelete